Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Frosted Glass

I know this isn't the project I said was next but, it'll do! lol This is a quick easy way to fake frosted glass. All you need is whatever glass you want to look frosted and a can of matte finish spray.

http://www.krylon.com/products/matte_finish/

You can get this at any craft store or art supplies store.

I did this faux frost to a candle holder. All you do is spray the matte finish on. Seriously, it's that easy.

Here is my before:




Then I sprayed one layer on and, this is what I got.





Here is a side by side so you can see the difference a little better.





If you want to get real fancy with this, you could use a stencil and spray only that area to leave a cool frosted design. You can do this technique to tons of things. Candleholders, shot glasses, mirrors, windows, anything glass really. Well, as long as you don't use it on something you're going to eat off or drink out of!


Hope this inspires you, to get creative at home! (ooh, I think I like that better than the plain old hope this inspires you that I was using! lol I think I just found my official finishing line!!)


NEXT PROJECT: The shelves I was supposed to share today! lol

No comments: