Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Painting Wall Art

I made some paintings for our room over the weekend. I took some of my photos and traced them from my computer screen the size I wanted them on white construction paper, then cut them out, then used red and painted outwards from the cut out, then used white and painted outwards while some of the red was still wet. I just painted them on to black construction paper because it looks much blacker in real life than in my photos.
Here's the pics I used for my paintings.



And here's what I made with them.



I also found some chinese characters online and have only made 1 so far but am going to make another one plus our names. Like I said the paper is much blacker in real life and the reds are much redder also. Our room is modern with a few asian hints in it, being the chinese characters and the flower art. I saw these really cool votive candle holders a while back. They look like little silk red oriental lamps on a little black base. They would be perfect in our room! They were on clearance at Target for about $5, I think. I just hope I can find them again.
NEXT PROJECT: Turning a blank journal into a cool portfolio for photos! No, it has nothing to do with my apartment but I found it and wanted to decorate it! lol

1 comment:

TexasMomof3 said...

Those look great! Ironically, I thought I'd get creative and try to freehand paint a rose on an old saucer over the weekend. After about 10 minutes it was just me holding a paintbrush looking at a blob of pink... didn't go so well...